November 16, 2011

Brenda's Got A Baby | R.I.P. Tyler Dasher

Just when I thought the insanity would digress, the aftermath of Casey Anthony's verdict is still echoing in my heart. Yesterday in St. Louis, I find out that 13-month-old Tyler Dasher was found dead in the woods behind a cemetery. His mother, Shelby A. Dasher said she went to sleep Monday night and woke up late Tuesday morning to discover that her child was missing. That story would add up if it came with a + sign. She hasn't been charged with anything yet, but I have a feeling this isn't going to be a good look.

Shelby A. Dasher Facebook Picture
I don't know if its just me, but I feel like as of late, there has been a lot of neglect, abuse, and violence directed towards small children. So sick of seeing these mothers killing their own child. One of the first bible stories I can remember was the one of Solomon's Wisdom. This particular story was with two women, both claiming to be the mother of a child. King Solomon hit them with "Cut the baby in half and give one portion to each mother." Pow, that's how you define what a mother is. One woman who's first child had already died in the middle of the night said, "Cool, let's do it", The other woman said, "She can have the child, just don't harm that baby!" Solomon does what any wise person should do: Give the child to the person that doesn't want that child hurt.

Sounds like common sense, but just like in Solomon's time, we still deal with the issue of mother's having the hearts of murderers. There will always be this epic battle between women having to defend their title as "Mother" with women that don't know their womb from a hole in the wall. Sickening. It's been in the media a lot lately, but this isn't anything new. I can't even pin this on teenage pregnacy though, my mother gave birth to my oldest brother when she was a senior in high school. MTV has made some money broadcasting "16 & Pregnant", like that's the thing to be at 16-years-old, but its older women just as immature as these young girls, and race isn't even an issue with this subject.




Let's not forget, Tupac Shakur hit the nail on the head with "Brenda's Got A  Baby". This song will forever be relevant as long as we ignore the signs of our women and our youth. This song came out in 1991, and 20 years later, it hits very close to home. I'm sending up prayers for all of the families that have been victims of child abduction, abuse, molestation, and murder. The devil is busy. Pray for our children.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing added up with her story at all yesterday and I read that she was even smiling and laughing, never looked sad at all. So sad.

    ReplyDelete