June 19, 2012

POETIC JUSTICE


In 1993, POETIC JUSTICE was the first movie I saw at the Drive-In. This is one of my favorite movies of all time, mainly because Janet Jackson was looking gorgeous with that whole hood chick, dookie braids, South Central appeal, and the great Tupac Shakur was starring. Joe Torry actually used to live right around the corner from me on Rowan. I relate to this movie on so many levels. I've been wanting to do this event for a year now, and it's finally time. The premise of POETIC JUSTICE is parallel to the movie script. Justice expressed herself through poetry, and Lucky put his energy in his music. We bring this element to life with a Live Poetry | Jam Session at 2847 Cherokee on the last Sunday of every month. Come and enjoy this experience if you are in St. Louis.

Click here to RSVP

No comments:

Post a Comment