July 03, 2012

POEM #139


by Corey Black

Maybe I stayed up this late for a reason.
 I could be sleep next to the woman of my dreams, but instead I am awake.  
Both televisions are on two different channels, but I’m not watching anything in particular.
 I have my headphones are on, but there is no music playing. 
I just like the way the ear buds feel. 
I want to start playing a song, but I can’t decide what I’m in the mood for. 
If I stall long enough, maybe God will whisper something remarkable and I get a chance to hear it.
 The ceiling fan is wobbling, but I can’t feel a breeze. 
The air conditioner refuses to kick on. 
I’m not hot at all. 
Summer is always beautiful, but the heat is horrid.
Time just stood still. 
Must be the full moon having her way with me.
I wish I learned to play the piano.
 I would title every ballad “Aginah”. 
Love keeps me up late. 
This won’t make sense until the end, I’m sure. 
It will finish the way it began. 
Autumn will be so nice this year. 
This planet has had me for three decades. 
I pray the winter isn’t too cold.  
I just heard the most beautiful silence. 
Patience is so lazy, but she is always on time. 
My ears itch, does my ego ever sleep? 
Exodus is such a beautiful song. 
Bob Marley was a king.
I’m blessed to be black, I always feel connected to the beginning of time. 
It’s time for me to take in her scent and rest. 
Glad I stayed up this late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment